OCCUPY EVERYTHING! OCCUPY EVERYWHERE!

In 82 countries, roughly 42% of the countries in the world, people who dub themselves “the 99%”  have been protesting against economic and social inequalities. The term per se is a form of protesting against the accumulation of wealth in the hands of 1% of income earners while the remaining 99% are left with the burden of the 2008-born economic system’s crisis… yeah, that crisis that started when the governments decided to bail out banks instead of their tax-payers. An inevitable question comes up: if I got in trouble because of not being able to control my greed, would the government come to my rescue?? Errrr, I don’t think so… I kinda understand that there was no other way out… but really?? Why did they let it get that far? Because of that, the crisis we live today is not a financial crisis like the one in 1929… It is a complete socio-economic-political fiasco! Governments are going broke because of greed!!! It’s like God being dragged into hell for ignoring popes’ sins… Who is supposed to save us now??? We are by ourselves, and only we can help one another, by getting together and fighting the outrageous exploitation we’ve been submitted to.

Currently, almost 1000 cities over the world have been occupied. Protesters’ main demand is the End of Corporate Domination, which sums up all other demands that presented so far.  I am covering the Occupy Boston movement for obvious reasons, I am now residing in Boston and this movement is part of my reality. I have been following the movement since its beginning in September and today I had the pleasure of helping out a new friend make a video on it, if all goes well, I might post the video myself to help on the distribution process.

As of today (December 7, 2011), Boston occupiers were rendered vulnerable after Judge Frances McIntyre in Suffolk Superior Court  lifted a temporary restraining order that prevented the police from evicting them.

Bostonians, you have to unite and organize, you have to present your demands and fight for them!

http://www.occupyboston.org/2011/12/07/breaking-restraining-order-lifted/http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/18/occupy-protests-map-world

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s